Responding to COVID-19: BARBICIDE® Deemed Safe – Tested by COL
Dear Eye Care Professionals,
We did an experiment, and...
BARBICIDE Deemed Safe – Tested by COL
Many eye care professionals are looking for a safe and effective method for infection control on frames. A product that caught our attention was BARBICIDE®. BARBICIDE® has been proven safe for use on non-porous materials and does not appear to affect optical lenses. This last weekend we let a handful of different lenses, with and without AR, soak in a higher than the recommended concentration of BARBICIDE®. Upon evaluation of the eyewear and lenses on Monday, we were unable to identify any visible deformation. For this reason, we are confident in recommending BARBICIDE® as a safe and effective solution to disinfect eyewear. BARBICIDE® does have certification programs available to ensure you are utilizing their product correctly: https://barbicide.com/certification/.
- Cherry Optical Lab Expansion and Upgrade Will Add Capacity and Improve Efficiency
- Responding to COVID-19: BARBICIDE® Deemed Safe – Tested by COL
- Slit Lamp Contamination Shield & NEW! Anti-fog 1 oz Spray
- Face Mask have your Lenses in a Fog? Here's a Lens-Safe Solution. copy
- COL + MOSCOT Providing FREE Eyewear to Front Line Medical Personnel