Ever hear the saying "everything old is new again"?
While reading a trade magazine recently, I came across an edger that will put engravings on lenses. While the technology is new, the concept is dated. I was doing this over 25 years ago "the old way". I would draw out the design, engrave a tin plate, and then engrave it onto the lens. Any design you could imagine followed this same process. The best, or should I say most difficult, design I was asked to create was from a dog breeder who wanted two dogs on his lens. I'm sure you can imagine the rest. Though I haven't had a request for engraved lenses in years, who knows, maybe they are making a comeback. Bell bottom pants, as they were called in my day are now called flares; it's just like the re-introduction of wearing big zyl frames. - Lynn Cherry Pinterest- Celebrity Style Guide https://www.pinterest.com/pin/224335625161956768/
- Announcement: neurolens + Cherry Optical Lab Join Forces
- COL Hits Milestone Today! 200 Employees!
- FREE CE Double Header presented by Barry Santini - Sunday, June 27, 2021. Register Today!
- Free ABO CE Webinar - Delivering Durability Like Never Before with the new Crizal® Rock™
- Have you tried Transitions® XTRActive® Polarized?